macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Bacon

2 posters

Go down

It's Bacon Empty It's Bacon

Post  Uncle Jack Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:44 pm

Finally got around to doing up some thick slice bacon. I started out with 1/2 pound since I didn't know exactally how it was going to work out . . . worked out FINE.

The slices that I worked with were around 1/4" thick (6.35mm).

It's Bacon Bacon1

I rubbed both sides with one of my favorite pork rubs:

- 3 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Dry Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Coarse Sea Salt

It's Bacon Bacon2

Then sprinkled the top of one side with extra brown sugar and let it sit on the counter until it melted on the bacon.

With the grill waiting at 230 degrees, and a dry drip pan, I tossed the bacon on. I had soaked some Smokinlicious red oak in apple juice for about an hour and had it laid out on a paper towel waiting. A handful of this smoke wood on the coals, and 20 minutes of cook time I pulled the bacon off.

It's Bacon Bacon4

Oooooooooooo did it smell good!! It was not cooked completely, as planned, and was placed on paper towels and patted dry. Into the fridge awaiting the following mornings breakfast. Finished cooking it up in a fry pan, and along with some of my brides homemade buckwheat pancakes and a cakleberry had a breakfast fit for a King. To use a very techinal term that I learned from the great Canadian BBQ Guru (Roxy) "IT WAS FREEKIN AWESOME!". I will definately do this again.

Sweet smoke to all, U.J.

Uncle Jack
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

It's Bacon Empty Re: It's Bacon

Post  bowhnter Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:33 pm

cheers I just had lunch, but now I want breakfast again!! Or maybe just a snack Smile
bowhnter
bowhnter
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down