macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No smoke today

2 posters

Go down

No smoke today Empty No smoke today

Post  gandalf Mon May 26, 2008 9:21 am

It's blowing a gale and I've already had to pick the frontier up twice this morning aftre the wind blowing it over, despite it being tucked away in a corner....

So, no way I'm pulling it out in the open and loading it up with burning charcoal... that would be a disaster waiting to happen! Sad

Mac, I recon you need to design a Y shaped gizmo that attaches to the legs and goes flat in the ground so you can put a slab of paving stone or something onto it to keep the unit stable in the wind....... I'd try to make one myself but I'm not much good at metal work and don't have the tools.....
gandalf
gandalf
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

No smoke today Empty Re: No smoke today

Post  Dr_KY Mon May 26, 2008 10:51 am

I'm thinking you could get three metal shelving brackets or corner braces and bolt them to the legs. Then simply set a brick on each one OR bolt them to a sheet of wood, your decking ect.

No smoke today 136-1

Should be able to find these in something like 6"
No smoke today 419fe82d-53ac-4f85-bb22-3effb6000276_4

I'll be out with the UDS in a few moments to do a little smoke today.

Last edited by Dr_KY on Mon May 26, 2008 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr_KY
Dr_KY
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  gandalf Mon May 26, 2008 10:55 am

Dr_KY wrote:I'm thinking you could get three metal shelving brackets or corner braces and bolt them to the legs. Then simply set a brick on each one.

I'll be out with the UDS in a few moments to do a little smoke today.

Where are you? The wind has picked up and blowing even harder here.....
gandalf
gandalf
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr_KY Mon May 26, 2008 10:59 am

I'm down south in Wiltshire and the winds are nasty here too. No matter thought if the cavemen could do it so can we. Very Happy
Dr_KY
Dr_KY
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Back to top Go down

Post  gandalf Mon May 26, 2008 11:03 am

Dr_KY wrote:I'm down south in Wiltshire and the winds are nasty here too. No matter thought if the cavemen could do it so can we. Very Happy

I've just had to pick the frontier up yet again. This time it went over so hard that one of the clips holding the lid on broke Shocked

Not sure I could even get the charcoal lit in that! According to the met office, it's gusting 41 mph

I'm guessing that cavemen had their fires in caves so I guess they didn't have to contend with such strong winds lol!
gandalf
gandalf
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr_KY Mon May 26, 2008 11:13 am

Ohhh no sorry about the breakage can you strap it down in a corner or at least get it inside the house or garage?

I think the cavemen were smarter than us. Laughing

Monday 26 May WEATHER WARNING Heavy and persistent rain will affect parts of southern and eastern England this morning. In just a few hours, around 20mm of rain may fall, with up to 40mm of rain possible in some areas. The rain will be accompanied by a strong and gusty northeasterly wind. Valid until 1200BST.
Monday 26 May WEATHER WATCH Further significant rain is expected across England and Wales on Tuesday and Wednesday Further updates will appear here.
Monday 26 May WEATHER WARNING Unseasonably strong northeasterly winds will increase to gale force in parts of southwest England and south Wales today, with gusts up to 60mph. Valid until 1800BST.
Dr_KY
Dr_KY
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr_KY Mon May 26, 2008 11:18 am

Old Town, Swindon, Wiltshire — Current Conditions

Current:..... High: ..Low:
Temperature: 50.9 °F / 10.5 °C
Dew Point: 50.4 °F / 10.2 °C
Humidity: 98%

http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/JonWM/1/video.html?month=05&year=2008&filename=current.flv
Dr_KY
Dr_KY
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down