macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making your own chipotle chiles (smoked and dried jalapenos)

3 posters

Go down

Making your own chipotle chiles (smoked and dried jalapenos) Empty Making your own chipotle chiles (smoked and dried jalapenos)

Post  colin.irwin Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Here's an article I wrote earlier today about smoking jalapeno chiles to make chipotles.

I did it in my Frontier, with broken terracotta pots instead of water in the er.. water tray.

http://www.shizzling.com/2011/10/making-chipotle-chiles-at-home-bullet-smoker-method.html

Making your own chipotle chiles (smoked and dried jalapenos) 6a00d8341e7bc053ef0154361e6260970c-800wi

colin.irwin
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-07-15

Back to top Go down

Making your own chipotle chiles (smoked and dried jalapenos) Empty Re: Making your own chipotle chiles (smoked and dried jalapenos)

Post  TobyAnscombe Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Dude! Love it..

How pokey were/are they? I tend to use a load of chilis over the summer and buy them online - never thought of smoking my own!

TobyAnscombe
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Making your own chipotle chiles (smoked and dried jalapenos) Empty Re: Making your own chipotle chiles (smoked and dried jalapenos)

Post  colin.irwin Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:12 am

They're nice and fiery - I just had a Mexican dinner party tonight and used a couple in dishes.

In fact, I ordered another 2kg of jalapenos and they're sitting in the kitchen waiting to be turned into more chipotles.

colin.irwin
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  TobyAnscombe Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:54 am

My Aunt lives over in Watford.. I'll have to pop over and steal some..

Just for 'quality control' of course ;-)

TobyAnscombe
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Mack Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:07 am

Nice!
Mack
Mack
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

Post  colin.irwin Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:23 pm

At the weekend I ground one of the chipotles up with some rock salt and ground cumin. Used it to coat some spicy Mexican nuts I was making. It tasted great.

colin.irwin
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  colin.irwin Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:52 am

Second batch is on now - a mix of red and green jalapenos - will be interesting to see how they compare.

colin.irwin
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down