macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introducing the Zen Fatty! Oh and a giant Pulled Pork Bap

2 posters

Go down

Introducing the Zen Fatty! Oh and a giant Pulled Pork Bap Empty Introducing the Zen Fatty! Oh and a giant Pulled Pork Bap

Post  steveheyes Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:41 pm

So I had a couple of ideas for fatties recently. I was inspired by the bacon explosion and the porkgasm fatties I'd seen and I think I've come up with two winners.

The second one I'm going to do sometime soon (maybe Easter) and it will be lard-tastic, a heart-attack waiting to happen. Will post it when I've done it.

The first one however I did at the weekend. My idea was simple, my own home made spicy sausage, encasing a filling of black pudding, white pudding cheese and sweet chili jam. I often do black pudding slices topped with chili and date jam and taleggio cheese as a starter for people, trust me it's a magic combination.

Anyway in a moment of silliness, inspired by the novelty factor of the porkgasm (but not quite as cool) the zen fatty was born complete with offal yin-yang in the centre.

Introducing the Zen Fatty! Oh and a giant Pulled Pork Bap Th_P1000693

Introducing the Zen Fatty! Oh and a giant Pulled Pork Bap Th_P1000698

I think it looks cool and it tasted great.

That was Sunday's starter for me and the boys, we then finished off with some pulled pork thathad been on all day. This was my first ever pulled pork and it was pretty good. I needed to leave it to rest a little longer than I did but it tasted great.

Introducing the Zen Fatty! Oh and a giant Pulled Pork Bap Th_P1000701

Introducing the Zen Fatty! Oh and a giant Pulled Pork Bap Th_P1000703

That is a dinner plate it's sat on, it's a dustbin lid barmcake (or stottie as they're also called) so it's about 10" across. We managed 1/2 of one each and all felt a little stuffed afterwards.
steveheyes
steveheyes
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Introducing the Zen Fatty! Oh and a giant Pulled Pork Bap Empty Re: Introducing the Zen Fatty! Oh and a giant Pulled Pork Bap

Post  ILBBQS.com Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 am

Whoa...that is one BAS (big a&& sammich)! Looks really good! The Fattie looks excellent too...will have to try it sometime. Cheers!
ILBBQS.com
ILBBQS.com
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://www.ILBBQS.com

Back to top Go down