macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas meal

4 posters

Go down

Christmas meal Empty Christmas meal

Post  bowhnter Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:06 pm

Well, it's almost that day, what's on your menu for Christmas?

Here we are foregoing the traditional ham and big meal. I will be smoking a Pork Butt and brisket, and we will be making some apetizers to graze on Christmas eve and leftovers for Christmas.
Will be trying Roxy's mustard sauce for the pork too!
Plan to put some of Ian's ACDs on the menu sometime next week as well!

How about y'all?
bowhnter
bowhnter
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

Christmas meal Empty Re: Christmas meal

Post  Mack Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:25 pm

Originating in warmer climes (Africa), it was generally to hot to have a Christmas lunch time meal, so we always held our main do on Christmas Eve. We've found this habit hard to shake, but it has the advantage of leaving Christmas day blank, so the kids can play with their toys, whilst the adults can kick back and relax (not trying to cook vast amounts of food, whilst also making running repairs to the now "not so new" toys).
I'm going to be doing a Turducken and the ladies will do all the sides (taters, brussel sprouts and such) and puddings.
Mack
Mack
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

Post  trp1fox Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:43 pm

Ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans and home made rolls. It's been traditional here for us and since the kids all come home for Christmas dinner and that's what they want, that's what we fix.

My son's birthday is Christmas Eve and we have always let the kids pick the dinner on their birthday. It used to be hot dogs and hamburgers. He's going to be 22 so it's Rib Eyes and baked potatoes this year. Go figure!
trp1fox
trp1fox
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-12-14

http://bbqgrail.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bowhnter Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:16 pm

trp1fox wrote:Ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans and home made rolls. It's been traditional here for us and since the kids all come home for Christmas dinner and that's what they want, that's what we fix.

My son's birthday is Christmas Eve and we have always let the kids pick the dinner on their birthday. It used to be hot dogs and hamburgers. He's going to be 22 so it's Rib Eyes and baked potatoes this year. Go figure!

Well, he has good taste!
bowhnter
bowhnter
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Jack Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:43 pm

Standing meal for past 20 years has been Prime Rib, cut from the bones, rolled in seasioning, then re-cradled. Twice baked taters, fresh green beans & a cesear salad. Chocolate cheese cake & sour cream apple pie for desert.

This year I had planned to also try and smoke a small roast beast, along with some smoked BBQed oysters & some of Mack's ACD's for "horse de overies"

BUT . . . been sick this year so I have had to cancel the family for at least a week. So my Christmas meal will probably be chicken soup & a piece of toast. Sad

A very Merry Christmas to all Y'all, U.J.

Uncle Jack
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down