macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking Chicken Wings on the Excel 20 - Questions

2 posters

Go down

Smoking Chicken Wings on the Excel 20 - Questions Empty Smoking Chicken Wings on the Excel 20 - Questions

Post  SmokIan Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:08 am

Ok guys, thinking about doing a couple fatties, chicken wings and some sausages on my new Pro Q Excel 20. Have a few questions about the chicken wings as I have never tried smoking wings before.

1. What kind of rubs are good for chicken wings? looking for a spicy sweet type of deal...

2. If I am smoking around 250ish how long will these little guys take?

3. I am assuming they will not take as long as the fatties and I would like everything to be done at once so I am thinking of adding them to the Excel later in the cook. Is that ok?

4. Also how long do sausages usually take?

Thanks in advance...
Ian

SmokIan
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Smoking Chicken Wings on the Excel 20 - Questions Empty Re: Smoking Chicken Wings on the Excel 20 - Questions

Post  jenks_24 Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Hey Ian,

The beauty about rubs is figuring out what works for you brother....fire or ice! You can try on specifically made for chicken and go from there. I think the fatties will take a little longer, but don't know personally. I don't think the wings will take as long.
jenks_24
jenks_24
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Back to top Go down