macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricks Sinful Marinade Brisket Marinade

3 posters

Go down

Ricks Sinful Marinade Brisket Marinade Empty Ricks Sinful Marinade Brisket Marinade

Post  BowtieBill Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:40 pm

It is not actually a Marinade (maybe it could be), but a liquid to use when you wrap your brisket in foil. This is from Rick Salmon, well known Quer on The BBQ Forum.

Ricks Sinful Marinade

12 oz. can of beer
½ cup cider vinegar
½ cup of water
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon beef base
2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon seasoned salt or rub.
1 tablespoon celery seed
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon MSG
Heat all ingrediates to help disolve.

Rub Brisket and smoke as usual, When Brisket his about 165, wrap in foil and add Marinade. Place back on smoker and bring to desired temp or until done (remember, Brisket is not done by temp, but when it is tender enough. You can tell when you insert your thermometer probe in). Let set. After slicing, pour juices/marinde over.
Enjoy,
Bill
BowtieBill
BowtieBill
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Ricks Sinful Marinade Brisket Marinade Empty Re: Ricks Sinful Marinade Brisket Marinade

Post  ILBBQS.com Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:30 pm

BowtieBill wrote:It is not actually a Marinade (maybe it could be), but a liquid to use when you wrap your brisket in foil. This is from Rick Salmon, well known Quer on The BBQ Forum.

Ricks Sinful Marinade

12 oz. can of beer
½ cup cider vinegar
½ cup of water
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon beef base
2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon seasoned salt or rub.
1 tablespoon celery seed
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon MSG
Heat all ingrediates to help disolve.

Rub Brisket and smoke as usual, When Brisket his about 165, wrap in foil and add Marinade. Place back on smoker and bring to desired temp or until done (remember, Brisket is not done by temp, but when it is tender enough. You can tell when you insert your thermometer probe in). Let set. After slicing, pour juices/marinde over.
Enjoy,
Bill
I still need to try this recipe...contest season is almost here in the Midwest...maybe this will be the year. Thanks for sharing!
ILBBQS.com
ILBBQS.com
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://www.ILBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Ricks Sinful Marinade Brisket Marinade Empty Re: Ricks Sinful Marinade Brisket Marinade

Post  Toby Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Talking of comps in the mid west, i have been really tempted with the Peoria meat monster have you seen one working on the circuit? That was one of the reasons for stopping over in Chicago for the comp before my "boys" weekend in Vegas.........
Toby
Toby
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://www.BBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ILBBQS.com Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:26 pm

Toby wrote:Talking of comps in the mid west, i have been really tempted with the Peoria meat monster have you seen one working on the circuit? That was one of the reasons for stopping over in Chicago for the comp before my "boys" weekend in Vegas.........
If you're talking about Peoria Custom Cookers...yeah, a friend of mine had a custom cooker made a few years ago and he really likes his. He's done quite well with it too...been featured on television, has been in KCBS' Top 10 Team of the Year the last few years too.

As long as you're stopping over in Chicago...check out The Backyard BBQ Store in Wilmette, Illinois! They have a nice store and carry The Good-One Smoker line too (that's what I cook on). I just found out that The Good-One just picked up a retailer in Sweden too...they're on the move! Check out http://www.AceOfHeartsBBQ.com .
ILBBQS.com
ILBBQS.com
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://www.ILBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down