macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Loughborough

2 posters

Go down

Hello from Loughborough Empty Hello from Loughborough

Post  Gazfoz Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi everyone,
I just thought I'd introduce myself, although it feels strange talking to a load of fellow bbq fanatics that live in Britain, I never knew there were so many of us. In fact I thought I was the only Brit who knew what bbq really was until I stumbled onto this website!
I use a Weber 18" Smokey Mountain for most of my big jobs with a gasser Kettle for the steaks, burgers and wings etc. It also has a burner on the side that I use for lighting my chimneys when using the WSM (really handy that!) and finally a Luhr Jensen Mini Chief electric cold smoker that I use for my trout (when I can catch em. lol) Salmon and kippers.
Never knew we had cookoffs in this country either! I will have to try and at least attend for the beer and eats if not to compete. The sight of some of the guys rigs and pits is enough to put a mere novice like myself off for sure lol!
Anyway, I look forward to reading about your and sharing some of my experiences in this wonderful culinary adventure that we call BBQ.
Regards,

Gary Foster.

Gazfoz
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

Hello from Loughborough Empty Re: Hello from Loughborough

Post  Treegje Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Welcome to the forum Gary

and many hours of fun read on the forum