macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers

Go down

First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers Empty First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers

Post  3Dragons Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:32 pm

I was really wanting to try something with Don Marco's Caribbean Style Glow In The Dark Sauce so here's what I did. I added a few things also.

Sauce

6oz Pineapple Juice
2tbs EVO
1/2 Cup Jamaican Rum
1 Whole habanaro pepper diced
2tbs Jamaican Jerk Rub (I didn't have the Firewalk Rub so I made my own Jerk Rub. It made the sauce look more brown than the beautiful orange Don Marco's had) Jerk Rub ingredients will follow.
1tsp Allspice
Juice of 2 limes
1tsp black pepper
1/4 cup brown sugar

Put in a food processor and mix it up good. Cook this on the stove until it reduces to the consistency you want. You want it to stick on the meat you know!

Jerk Rub

1tbs onion Flakes
1tbs onion Powder
2tsp ground dried thyme
1tsp salt
1tsp ground Jamaican allspice
1/4tsp ground cinnamon
2tsp sugar
1tsp course ground black pepper
1tsp cayenne pepper
2tsp dried chives or green onions

The Fattie

About a pound pork sausage
2 jalapinos diced
1/2 onion diced
1tbs of the jerk rub you just made

I put the sausage in a bowl and added all the stuff above then formed it into the log shape. Put some more of the rub on the outside then brush it liberally with the sauce.........all over. Then wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for as long as you like. I was hungry so I only left it in there for an hour.

First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers DSC_0004

The poppers are just nice size jalapinos cut in half, filled with cream cheese and wrapped with bacon. I used a pepper bacon but regular or maple flavor is also good. For a few of the poppers I brushed a bit of the sauce on them when they were almost done to see what it was like. Very good.

First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers DSC_0011

Get the smoker ready.

First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers DSC_0015

Have a beer. KEEP filling the beer as required. I shouldn't have to tell you that though.

First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers DSC_0009

Start the smoke.

First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers DSC_0018

Oh yea, and I threw a couple red skin potatoes in the water pan. They turned out pretty good. We had a few left over so we sliced them thin and fried them for breakfast the next morning with the leftover fattie and eggs.

First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers DSC_0019

First Fattie Experiment plus Jalapino Poppers DSC_0023

Last edited by 3Dragons on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add more beer.)
3Dragons
3Dragons
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down