macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just returned from the Square mile again

2 posters

Go down

Just returned from the Square mile again Empty Just returned from the Square mile again

Post  Shrike Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:35 am

Damn, that 10 hour flight sucks more and more.

Anyway, for those Londoners, a few recommendations (restaurants). Smiths in Smithfield - steaks so good I wanted to cry. Steak and Kidney pudding was awsome as well. Steak Tatare fab.

HAZ turkish grill - I think there are three locations. We did the set menu for 18 sterling. Full mezze appetiser course, then pick your meats, we had chicken and lamb, plus the lamb roast (cooked 8 hours) my client cried this time.

that is all the new stuff, other places this trip were the usual curry houses - Rajasthan, Goulshan; one of my favorites, Boultons (arrive hungry), and no trip is complete without sandwiches, sausages and chips at Grapeshot or Balls Bros....

a few cell phome pics -

From St. Katherines Docks (walked over for a curry at a place next to Dickens Inn)

Just returned from the Square mile again Img00037-20090208-0433
Just returned from the Square mile again Img00038-20090208-0435
Just returned from the Square mile again Img00041-20090208-0438

and the view from my hotel balcony did "not suck"!
Just returned from the Square mile again Img00045-20090209-1439

It gets harder and harder to leave England with each visit. After 12 years of working there 2-4x+/year, I have many dear friends, and am so comfortable. Almost like my second home. Few months ago, spent sime time with one of my best mates at his house in Ipswich. Man I miss it already.
Shrike
Shrike
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Just returned from the Square mile again Empty Re: Just returned from the Square mile again

Post  Adam Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:06 am

Hi Shrike

I've eaten at Smith of Smithfield! Seem to remember I had pigeon which I enjoyed a lot but i'll definitely try a steak if I am there again. If you find yourself in the same general area again, as it seems likely you will, you should definitely try St John http://www.stjohnrestaurant.com/menus/ which is always amazing.

Adam
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum