Hello from Arizona

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Arizona

Post  crash on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:23 am

Hey ya'll. Just wanted to say hi to all, since I am the new guy.

I'm from Buckeye, Arizona USA and was blessed enough to receive an Excel 20 from Santa this year. I've only cooked on it twice, but absolutely love it.

Our team is VRM Pit Crew and we have been competing for the past few years w/ a few WSM's and a Traeger. The Excel 20 will definitely add a lot of firepower to our operation.

This site looks great. I cant wait to get deeper into it.

Cheers!

Crash

crash
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 6
Age : 45
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2009-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  Treegje on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:32 am

Welcome to the forum crash
avatar
Treegje
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 231
Age : 50
Location : Belgie - (Belgium)
Registration date : 2008-11-02

View user profile http://geert-staes.be/

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  All Weather Griller on Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:56 am

Welcome aboard Crash!!!
avatar
All Weather Griller
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 286
Age : 43
Location : Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Registration date : 2008-03-19

View user profile http://www.ukgrillers.com

Back to top Go down

WOW!

Post  crash on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:14 am

After looking through much of the forum over the past hour...OK....few hours.... I have to say "What a great site and good group of Q'ers".

I especially love the fact that everyone is so friendly, accomodating and helpful. Many Q forums have rivalry issues and inter-laced negativity regarding one thing or another. Not this one from what I see.

Damn proud to own a ProQ and to be able to learn and share w/ my brothers/sisters from across the pond. I look forward to posting more.

Thanks for a great site!!!!!!! Very Happy

crash
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 6
Age : 45
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2009-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  Mack on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:55 am

Welcome to the forum Crash.
Can't wait to see pictures of your Q'd food.

Ian
avatar
Mack
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 1015
Age : 53
Location : Body in Cornwall, Heart in Africa
Registration date : 2007-11-07

View user profile http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  ILBBQS.com on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Hey Crash! Welcome to the forum! You're right, there are a good bunch of folks here...all willing to do anything for anyone. Glad you're here!

Arizona has a pretty active BBQ Society...are you involved with them at all?
avatar
ILBBQS.com
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 535
Age : 46
Location : In the Land of Lincoln...Illinois USA
Registration date : 2007-12-05

View user profile http://www.ILBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  BowtieBill on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Welcome!
A lot of AZ Quer's come over to CA to compete. In fact, last year TOY for CA was from AZ, Rhythm & Q. Jay and Monica come often as well (Otis and the Bird). Have you made it over here?
Been to one comp in AZ, Rawhide in 07. Wish we could of done the one at Sun City a couple of months ago, a lot of my friend went and had a great time.
Hope you can come our way some time.
Enjoy your Excel.

Bill
avatar
BowtieBill
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 88
Location : Ventura County, CA
Registration date : 2008-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  crash on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:13 am

ILBBQS.com wrote:Hey Crash! Welcome to the forum! You're right, there are a good bunch of folks here...all willing to do anything for anyone. Glad you're here!

Arizona has a pretty active BBQ Society...are you involved with them at all?

Yes Jim, I'm involved with AZ barbeque. Great group of folks over there as well.

crash
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 6
Age : 45
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2009-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  crash on Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:19 am

BowtieBill wrote:Welcome!
A lot of AZ Quer's come over to CA to compete. In fact, last year TOY for CA was from AZ, Rhythm & Q. Jay and Monica come often as well (Otis and the Bird). Have you made it over here?
Been to one comp in AZ, Rawhide in 07. Wish we could of done the one at Sun City a couple of months ago, a lot of my friend went and had a great time.
Hope you can come our way some time.
Enjoy your Excel.

Bill

Bill,

We know both teams and have competed against them. They are both outstanding competitors and great cooks. We have not made it to CA yet for any events, but we're hoping to do Palm Desert in February. We will also be out at Stagecoach this year helping a friend's team.

We competed at Rawhide 07 and also out at the Sun City/Pulte event in November 08. That Sun City event was awesome. I'd highly reccomend coming out for that one next year. It's supposed to be even better in 09.

Crash

crash
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 6
Age : 45
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2009-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  jenks_24 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:13 pm

Welcome Crash, glad to have ya!
avatar
jenks_24
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 234
Age : 43
Location : Kindsbach, Germany
Registration date : 2008-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  BowtieBill on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:36 pm

crash wrote:
BowtieBill wrote:Welcome!
A lot of AZ Quer's come over to CA to compete. In fact, last year TOY for CA was from AZ, Rhythm & Q. Jay and Monica come often as well (Otis and the Bird). Have you made it over here?
Been to one comp in AZ, Rawhide in 07. Wish we could of done the one at Sun City a couple of months ago, a lot of my friend went and had a great time.
Hope you can come our way some time.
Enjoy your Excel.

Bill

Bill,

We know both teams and have competed against them. They are both outstanding competitors and great cooks. We have not made it to CA yet for any events, but we're hoping to do Palm Desert in February. We will also be out at Stagecoach this year helping a friend's team.

We competed at Rawhide 07 and also out at the Sun City/Pulte event in November 08. That Sun City event was awesome. I'd highly reccomend coming out for that one next year. It's supposed to be even better in 09.

Crash

Crash,
I won't be at Palm Desert, but will be doing Stagecoach. Stop by and say "hey", team name is Tropical Heat BBQ.
I will be bringing the Excel to help with cooking Peoples Choice at that event.
GO CARDINALS!

Bill
avatar
BowtieBill
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 88
Location : Ventura County, CA
Registration date : 2008-05-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  crash on Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:37 pm

[quote="BowtieBill"][quote="crash"]
BowtieBill wrote:

Crash,
I won't be at Palm Desert, but will be doing Stagecoach. Stop by and say "hey", team name is Tropical Heat BBQ.
I will be bringing the Excel to help with cooking Peoples Choice at that event.
GO CARDINALS!

Bill

We'll stop by and say hi at Stagecoach. We'll be helping the Whiskey Ranch team this year.

And that's right Bill!!! GO CARDINALS!!!!

crash
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 6
Age : 45
Location : Arizona
Registration date : 2009-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  Pig Headed on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Crash.
avatar
Pig Headed
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 50
Location : Delaware, USA
Registration date : 2008-01-22

View user profile http://www.pigheadedbbq.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  Gooby's BBQ on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:07 am

Welcome crash lot's of friendly folk's here Very Happy

Gooby's BBQ
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 50
Age : 60
Location : Middle Tennessee
Registration date : 2008-07-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  skou on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:43 am

crash wrote:Hey ya'll. Just wanted to say hi to all, since I am the new guy.

I'm from Buckeye, Arizona USA and was blessed enough to receive an Excel 20 from Santa this year. I've only cooked on it twice, but absolutely love it.

Our team is VRM Pit Crew and we have been competing for the past few years w/ a few WSM's and a Traeger. The Excel 20 will definitely add a lot of firepower to our operation.

This site looks great. I cant wait to get deeper into it.

Cheers!

Crash

Seems to me that I've seen this guy's posts at another site.

Crash, good to see someone from Az here, besides me. Yes, the Az site is a great place to hang out at, about like this place.

steve

skou
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 10
Location : Mesa Az
Registration date : 2009-07-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  Mike_P_in_Tucson on Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:56 pm

Welcome, Crash.

I'm also in Arizona, down in Tucson.

Mike_P_in_Tucson
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 66
Location : Tucson, Arizona, USA
Registration date : 2009-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Arizona

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum