macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First time smoker from Warrington

2 posters

Go down

First time smoker from Warrington Empty First time smoker from Warrington

Post  AndyjSN Tue May 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi Everyone.

I've got my ProQ Frontier elite, it looks fantastic and I'm hoping to get my first smoke on this weekend (weather permitting). The plan is do get a Brisket on the go early on, then add in some spare ribs followed by baby back further along.

I'm sorted with rubs and brisket prep I think, though any advice will be welcome.

I was wondering what advice I might get regarding charcoal, would you go with a fuse or ring for your first smoke? If I go for the fuse I would be going 2 thick and two high, unless someone advises otherwise I'll probably go for the fuse. I'm using ProQ Cocoshell briquettes.

Thanks for having me!

AndyjSN
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-05-10

Back to top Go down

First time smoker from Warrington Empty hi

Post  pb.bbq Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi AndyjSN
If you are using Cocoshell you should have no problems at all, just use a chimney starter half full of normal charcoal and the other half with cococha as cococha can take a little while to light so best to help it along with some charcoal in the first place. Once lit pour that into your charcoal basket and then pour some fresh Cocoshell on top of the lit Cococha and you will be fine

happy smoking

from Paul
pb.bbq
pb.bbq
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-02-14

http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down