macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rhino's Smoked Fatty

Go down

Rhino's Smoked Fatty Empty Rhino's Smoked Fatty

Post  ILBBQS.com Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:39 pm

Not that it's the best recipe, but a friend of mine asked for the basic recipe for the fatties I make at competitions. Here's a copy of the email I sent to him. (IGA is a local grocery store...any good quality bulk pork sausage should work.)

Date: 23 Jun 2008, 07:23 PM

I have never done exact measurements, but here are a couple of basic recipes...

The EZ Fatty
1 Log of Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage
Yellow Mustard
Mojo Rub (MojoRub.com - It's Award Winning!)

Remove plastic wrap from sausage. Lightly coat with Yellow Mustard then sprinkle with Mojo Rub. Wrap in plasic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Bring smoker up to temp (225* - 250*), remove plastic wrap and toss in smoker for aproximately 2 hours...until internal temperature hits 165*. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes (wrap in foil if you want to keep it hot). Slice and serve.

Rhino Fatty - Basic
5 lbs. - IGA Bulk Sausage
2 lbs. - Chorizo (Casing removed if present)
1 - Large Jalapeno - Diced
Yellow Mustard
1/8 Cup Mojo Rub (MojoRub. com)

Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Form into 5 - 7 logs (basic size and shape of the Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage Roll). Lightly coat with Yellow Mustard then sprinkle with additional Mojo Rub. Wrap in plasic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Bring smoker up to temp (225* - 250*), remove plastic wrap and toss in smoker for aproximately 2 hours...until internal temperature hits 165*. Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes (wrap in foil if you want to keep it hot). Slice and serve.

If you want to stuff it with cheese, or anything else, do so before you mustard and rub. Just portion out the sausage mixture, flatten it out, put whatever fillings you want down the center, fold the edges over and form into log, then pick-up with the Yellow Mustard and Mojo Rub step.

I'll send you the invoice for my secret recipe soon. Wink

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino
ILBBQS.com
ILBBQS.com
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://www.ILBBQS.com

Back to top Go down