macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rusty bowl

2 posters

Go down

Rusty bowl Empty Rusty bowl

Post  riha Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 am

Hello!

I have a problem with my Frontier. My water bowl is corroding. I have used it four (or five) times and I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be used at quite this rate. This is not my first problem with this unit. When I first got the smoker the parts didn't fit. There was about 10mm gap between the stackers, so I returned it and the new unit fits nicely. However I changed only the exterior parts, not the bowl, so this bowl is from the defected smoker. I'll go to the shop and ask for a new bowl when I can get myself there (it's a bit far away and I don't have a car).

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anybody else has had similar problems, or a clue of why it's doing this. I'll attach a few pictures. The coating has flaked off also from the inside, but not as badly as from the outside.

OK, I won't attach the pictures, because I'm a new member and hence am not allowed in the first 7 days.

riha
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

Rusty bowl Empty Re: Rusty bowl

Post  Mack Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:19 am

Hi Riha,

Please send me your details to ian@macsbbq.co.uk and I will send out a new water pan for you. Please also send me some images.

Ian
Mack
Mack
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

Post  riha Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:54 pm

I broke my cell phone that also doubled as my camera, but I finally managed to get my memory chip read and the pictures out.

Rusty bowl Ruoste12

Rusty bowl Ruoste11

-Jari

riha
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content