macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When cooking multiple dishes, is this the way to do it ?

3 posters

Go down

When cooking multiple dishes, is this the way to do it ? Empty When cooking multiple dishes, is this the way to do it ?

Post  Ton Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:04 pm

Probably a very noobish question but
Suppose I would like to cook a few steaks, using the Excel 20 as a kettle grill, but also smoke one or more side dishes, could I do it like this ?
First do the steaks on the grill.
Then, when letting the steaks rest, add the waterpan and one or two stackers and adjust the vents to get the temperature down. If necessary add some fuel.
Then do the smoking.
(Of course I am talking about smoking for a short time)

Ton
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

When cooking multiple dishes, is this the way to do it ? Empty Re: When cooking multiple dishes, is this the way to do it ?

Post  Mike_P_in_Tucson Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:55 pm

I'm not sure what you would be smoking to do it only for a short time, since in slow smoking, it will take some time for the smoke flavor to penetrate. But, if I were doing smoked side dishes, I would do them first, then remove the water pan and do the steaks. I use mesquite wood when grilling steaks, and if I were also doing a side dish that needed some smoke, I would put another stacker on and do it on that.

Mike_P_in_Tucson
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

When cooking multiple dishes, is this the way to do it ? Empty Re: When cooking multiple dishes, is this the way to do it ?

Post  Mack Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:38 pm

I agree with Mike... do the smoking, then the grilling.
Mack
Mack
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ton Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks for the response.
Btw, I was thinking of smoking, for instance, potatoe bombs. The recipe I found here looks delicious to me as a side dish.

Ton
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Mack Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:41 pm

I love potato Bombs Smile
Mack
Mack
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down