macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official HH and/or UDS Methods for Excel 20

3 posters

Go down

Official HH and/or UDS Methods for Excel 20 Empty Official HH and/or UDS Methods for Excel 20

Post  Northwoods Smoke Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:30 pm

With High Heat Briskets and UDS cooking being very popular topics on other forums, I wondered if the Pros on the ProQ forum are going to add HH or UDS cooking instruction for the Excel 20. I noticed in the You Tube video at the end that it was mentioned using the Excel 20 with a the third stacker and cooking UDS style with no water pan.

I know there is some concern about Higher heat cooking in that the stackers aren't high temp painted, but any info and/or complete instruction on either method would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Northwoods Smoke
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Official HH and/or UDS Methods for Excel 20 Empty Re: Official HH and/or UDS Methods for Excel 20

Post  Mack Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:29 pm

If you've had a couple of cooks on it already, I don't see a problem running it with 3 stacks and no waterpan, we've done it a few times when we use the rotisserie mod.
The Stackers are powder coated and should stand up to 600 degF.
Mack
Mack
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

Official HH and/or UDS Methods for Excel 20 Empty Re: Official HH and/or UDS Methods for Excel 20

Post  steveheyes Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:20 pm

As I said on another thread, I do teryaki pork belly at high heat. I set up with two stackers with the grill on the top stacker, and the lid in place. Admittedly it doesn't take long for pork belly so I'm not running at a high heat for log but I do run at over 400F and my stackers have handled it happily but they are very well seasoned.

One of the guys at the BBBQS comp the other weekend did ribs and brisket high and direct on an E20, the cooker did the job no problems.
steveheyes
steveheyes
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwoods Smoke Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:59 pm

Mack wrote:If you've had a couple of cooks on it already, I don't see a problem running it with 3 stacks and no waterpan, we've done it a few times when we use the rotisserie mod. The Stackers are powder coated and should stand up to 600 degF.

Cool rotisserie mod. I imagine that stacker is now 'dedicated' to rotisserie mode?

steveheyes wrote:As I said on another thread, I do teryaki pork belly at high heat. I set up with two stackers with the grill on the top stacker, and the lid in place. Admittedly it doesn't take long for pork belly so I'm not running at a high heat for log but I do run at over 400F and my stackers have handled it happily but they are very well seasoned.

One of the guys at the BBBQS comp the other weekend did ribs and brisket high and direct on an E20, the cooker did the job no problems.

Good to know. Looking forward to doing some high temp cooks!

Northwoods Smoke
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down