macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British BBQ Society update

4 posters

Go down

British BBQ Society update Empty British BBQ Society update

Post  Toby Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:42 am

Hi All,

This weekend was a great success, and I appreciate the effort made from those competing, I am sure you will all agree it was fun and almost every team understood and participated in the spirit of the British BBQ Society.

From this point forward, there will be an entry fee for competitions which will include the usual selection of meat, a price list will be issued should you require additional product and everything will come from the same source with a limit on the amount you can purchase.

Each team will be on a level playing field form this point forward.

I can already announce the next official comp will be taking place May bank holiday 2010, please keep both open, its in the BBBQS diary for the 1st bank holiday but i may move it to the second. I can also confirm that the British BBQ Society National Final will be held at Rother Valley next year, I am waiting for the dates to be released to me but they are eager for me to book the event, I think you will all agree it was a superb venue.

The most important thing to remember, the British BBQ Society is here to stay for you guys, we will not sell our soul to anybody, and I will not allow anyone to hijack the innocence of our group.

Kind Regards

Toby
Toby
Toby
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://www.BBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

British BBQ Society update Empty Re: British BBQ Society update

Post  steveheyes Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:26 pm

Well done Toby! I mean it when I say you've done a cracking job and you should be proud of what you've achieved in the first year of the BBBQS.

I appreciate that on top of the effort that goes in, the financial outlay is significant, like many other members I wouldn't be in a position to do what you do but what I would like to offer (and I would think a few others will do the same) is that if I have any skills that would be of use to you in order to save you time and money in doing things for BBBQS I will do my best to help you out. If you want to do publicity events locally to me (like your air ambulance thing) I'm happy to help out, if you want someone to do some of your website work, I can make myself available, just let me know if you think I can help you out.

I hope you've started a good thing, I've met some good new friends and I hope to stay a part of this growing circuit for years to come.
steveheyes
steveheyes
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  All Weather Griller Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi Toby,

I second everything that Steve has put (anything you think I can do to help give me a nudge). If you get any queries from the cards that you gave out and anyone wants a cooking demo in or near here I will be happy to spare some time.

I love the competitions but enjoy the Banter even more. I am really looking forward to next year and I will keep checking the calendar on the BBQS website.

I do understand the potential for "Hijacking" of this event, I think it will get more popular, my wife was working at ITV in Leeds today and mentioned about the weekend and they said as long as it wasn't sponsored i.e Sainsburys, Tesco etc they would have covered it for the regional news.

In a similiar vein what would be the Societies view if we got a sponsor to help pay our entry fees. nothing major something like a local pub, butcher or Farm shop? It would just help us absorb costs that's all.

Although I know thye don't read this I would have to say a big thank you the Falconers for what they did with the kids and for spreading our story to their spectators.

I would also like to say a special thankyou to evryone else on all of the teams for being so accomodating to our two children Jamie and Jade (I apologise to Steve and Neil for them Kidnapping their Mascot and parading it around Rother fairground, bandstand, boating lake and taking ransome photos.

Here is a link to something you may find useful next season.

lol!

Once again it goes without saying, many thanks for the opportunities to compete and to all the competitors that came. Shame Al couldn't make it, I wanted to see how my sauce would have done against his legendary prize winner.

Beerz

Adie, Claire, Jamie and Jade
All Weather Griller
All Weather Griller
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-03-19

http://www.ukgrillers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  steveheyes Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Adie, you need to post the cow photos up online, I want to see where it got to.
steveheyes
steveheyes
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  All Weather Griller Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:16 pm

steveheyes wrote:Adie, you need to post the cow photos up online, I want to see where it got to.

I will find Jamie's Camera, in fact they might be on Ian's
All Weather Griller
All Weather Griller
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-03-19

http://www.ukgrillers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mack Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 am

Just wanted to add to everyone's praise for the organisation and running of the competition.

Great Job Toby!

I also wanted to thank everyone that attended for making it work and also special thanks to Adie and Claire for letting me be part of their team (sorry about the Chicken guys).

Ransom pics of the cow will be posted shortly.
Mack
Mack
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-11-07

http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Toby Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks guys, your comments are very much appreciated. I am working on a few things at the moment to entice new teams to have a go, putting a pack together (Adie & Ians suggestion) that will get people up and running. I am working on new pages for the site, and cleaning it up, I appreciate all of the offers of help both with web site and in general, this circuit will grow and I will require help.

I can assure you all, no-one will have the oppertunity to hijack the British BBQ Society / Circuit, it is mine and therefore it is ours. It will only be a success if we retain complete control over it. I am more than happy for local sponsors to be involved for local events, any costs that can be covered would be great.

i think the most important thing is for eveyone to talk about the competitions and society, it will only take a word in the right ear to get some great coverage. I am in no way media savey and do not have the contatcs. PLease remember all suggestions are taken on board.
Toby
Toby
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://www.BBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mack Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:44 am

Moo under threat... Run or Die!

British BBQ Society update IMG_4090