macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weber temp control

Go down

Weber temp control Empty Weber temp control

Post  Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:48 am

I am going to attempt to smoke a turkey leg today. It has been brined overnight in a salt, apple juice and water brine - my own invented recipe.
What I need to know is how to maintain a low enough temp on my weber one touch. In the instructions it says for lower temps use less charcoal and always keep all the vents open, but I reckon this will need constant attention topping up coals etc. Is it possible to put more coals in and control temps using the vents?
I only got the weber last week and am new to this so any help would be appreciated.
Does anybody know if the Smokenator is available in the UK?

Mick

Last edited by Scrumpy Mick on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Weber temp control Empty Re: Weber temp control

Post  david brace Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:54 am

My experience has been on offsets and not your style unit...so take my advice for what it's worth.

The key to temperature control is to run a wide-open intake vent in order to have a clean burning fire. If you close the vent some, you'll have a partially choked out fire ad that's not what you want. You'll just have to learn your cooker and see how much fuel you need to put in to maintain temps to where you want them.

DB
david brace
david brace
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:16 am

Despite having trouble getting weber coals going and reverting to (superior) cheap ones, I managed,with trial and error, to keep temps of 230 - 250f for about 6hrs and got melt in the mouth results, sorry no pics. i think the word hooked just about covers it!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down