BBBQS Huge announcement!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BBBQS Huge announcement!!!!!!!!

Post  Toby on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:38 am

It is now official,

The BBBQS Overall Grand Champion will have an automatic entry to the 2009 Jack Daniels Invitational in October.

This is a real honour as the invitational teams are being reduced to 10 this year so the places are even more highly prized than previously……………………. I know I have been very quiet on the comp front but it has taken a lot of time to satisfy the Jack Daniels requirements.

I will update the BBBQS web site later, and post more information on here. If you can all spread the word to any and all EU based teams (or anyone that would just like to have fun and give it a go) that there is now a real prize to be had entering the BBBQS Comps I would appreciate it.

I have a couple of sponsors lined up, I am sure there will be even more interest now I have confirmation from the Jack Daniels Invitational.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Toby
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile http://www.BBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Re: BBBQS Huge announcement!!!!!!!!

Post  steveheyes on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:27 am

That's really great Toby. Not that it affects me in terms of winning becauseI doubt I would, but if it generates more interst and gets more people at the comps it can only be a good thing.
steveheyes
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr_KY on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:27 pm

Oh HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Dr_KY
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2008-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveheyes on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:39 pm

Do I sense a competitive streak ther Doc?
steveheyes
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toby on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:48 pm

Doc competitive???? lets put it this way, he will be hunched over his drum for 12 hours straight adding half lumps of charcoal, drinking water out of a beer can so it "looks" like he is being social.............. only joking, he just knows this is a prize worth fighting for. and trust me anyone can win, dont think because you havent competed before you dont stand a chance its all about technique......... or so i am told.
Toby
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-16

View user profile http://www.BBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Post  steveheyes on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:08 pm

Indeed Toby, I agree with you about technique.

Trust me I can cook, so when it comes to marinades, rubs and general prep of the meat I can hold my own with anyone.

However I'm not practised enough at the art of smoking yet to know how to balance the smoke flavours in with the seasonings or to control the heat finely enough to cook perfectly.

I'll let you into a secret, I'm a bit competitive so I'll be giving it a damned good shot, but knowing what the Doc has already achieved I'd be pretty pleased if my end product came close. And that's before we even strat talking about the others who'll be there affraid

I just reckon the May event will be a great laugh and it'll be good to meet others and learn differnet techniques and approaches. The other BBBQS events will definately be on my list of things to try to do but with a Wedding coming up later in the year I might not be able to make them.

I agree with you both though, it's a wicked prize and it's got be a big draw for a lot of people, hopefully helping to put the BBBQS on the map Very Happy
steveheyes
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mack on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm

Excellent job Toby!
The Jack is the best comp ever (well until we get the UK properly organised).
Mack
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 1015
Registration date : 2007-11-07

View user profile http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

helping somebody win

Post  irishbollox on Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:04 pm

If it helps, I'm more than willing to let a few teams (obvioulsy on seperate occasions) use my smoker for their smoking practice.
Take a look at my website calendar (http://www.ironbridgecatering.co.uk/cgi-bin/reserve/apptsched.php) and if I can, I'll try and hook up with you at a time convient to both of us.
Because of work commintments, I won't be able to compete this year but with BBQ & smoking so close to my heart, I want a "local" to win.
Cheers
kevin
irishbollox
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-26

View user profile http://www.ironbridgecatering.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content