macsbbqforum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like Waiting For Christmas... Only worse

2 posters

Go down

Like Waiting For Christmas... Only worse Empty Like Waiting For Christmas... Only worse

Post  steveheyes Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:08 pm

So my other half promised to get me a Pro Q for my 30th in March. Originally I was going to go with the Frontier but after speaking with Mack and hearing the advice from people on here I decided I'd go with an Excel.

Resigned to a 6 week wait I was just browsing around the web looking at where I could find the best price when last night I came across a place Mack recommended www.usefulstuff.co.uk who happen to have a 15% discount on everything at the moment. In short this made buying the Excel now along with an extra stacker (something I'd inevitably buy in the end) irresistable. So in a few days time I'm going to have a shiny new Excel along with some free coconut charcoal, an extra stacker and a chimney starter arrive with me. But the other half has insisted it goes in the loft until my Birthday. Sad

On the plus side I'm waiting for partshelf to get Maverick ET-73's back in stock so I can order a couple before I start cooking. But man this next 5 weeks is going to be tough.

I'm thinking first fire up, I'll give her three hours to season, then try cooking some chickens and maybe a couple of fatties on there. I'm just going to keep it simple first time out, want to see how she holds temperature and stuff. I reckon I'll have her burning for about 7 hours or so, any tips will be greatly received.

Do people reckon I'll need to top up with charcoal for that duration if using briquettes or coconut? If so how do you guys approach reloading, do you just throw a few extra briquettes in when required or do you get some going in the chimney and pour them in?

Like I say all tips happily received, am really looking forward to my Birthday now. Very Happy
steveheyes
steveheyes
Burger Flipper
Burger Flipper

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Like Waiting For Christmas... Only worse Empty Re: Like Waiting For Christmas... Only worse

Post  ILBBQS.com Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Oh Man...isn't the wait the worst!?!? I feel for you Brother!

Maybe you can convince her to allow you to just put it together...then leave it in the middle of your living space (stacker included)...she's bound to give in and want you to move it outdoors...at which point it must be fair game for cooking! geek

(Just an idea.) lol!
ILBBQS.com
ILBBQS.com
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-12-05

http://www.ILBBQS.com

Back to top Go down