fatties

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fatties

Post  smokinxray on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:20 pm

im a born and bred new yorker, and those fatties all look awesome, can someone steer me in the direction on where i can find me some, i wanna eat, now!!!
smokinxray
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: fatties

Post  ILBBQS.com on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:38 pm

smokinxray wrote:...i wanna eat, now!!!
LOL...welcome to the group. That kinda sums up how most of us feel after surfing through here! pig

The most basic fattie is one of the easiest things in the world to make.

1# Jimmy Dean (or other quality bulk sausage)
1/2 tsp of Yellow Mustard
1 - 2 tsp of your favorite dry rub or seasoning

If not already formed, roll the sausge into a log shape. Rub mustard around entire surface of sausage log. Coat with dry rub/seasoning. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a couple of hours to allow seasoning and meat to meld. Get smoker up to temp (225*F - 250*F). Remove sausage roll from plastic wrap, place on smoker and forget about it for about 2 hours. Remove from smoker, rest it for about 10 minutes, slice and enjoy.

Granted, that is the most basic recipe...to kick it up a notch, try adding ingredients to the inside of the sausge prior to applying mustard and seasoning. Simply flatten out the sausage roll, place whatever ingredients you desire inside (my family goes ga-ga over pepperoni/cheese stuffing), roll back to log shape, pick-up the instructions from there.

The only bad fatties I've made were the ones where I started with a cheap sausage. Just have fun and don't be afraid to experiment. Very Happy
ILBBQS.com
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-12-05

View user profile http://www.ILBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bowhnter on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:47 pm

What Jim said...you can put about anything in a fatty, done be afraid to try. Peppers, jalepenos, mushrooms, scrambled eggs, spinach, cheeses, a link sausage....
bowhnter
King of Q
King of Q

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2007-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top