Finally

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finally

Post  bigthirsty on Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:47 pm

Finally got back from vacation. I'll have to give my neighbor a six pack for taking the Excel inside my house as it was delievered while we were out of town. Traveled all day yesterday from Tahoe back to San Antonio. Get in around 10:45 pm. Do I go to bed.. of course not. That box needed to be opened.

Got everything put together..

Couple of questions.

1. Do I need to use the washers? Two sets came with the materials.. and honestly not sure where to use them

2. Anyone else have trouble with the top handle (the plastic handle pieces)?

All in all everything looks great. My wife (not normally one to be excited by my toys) sat in awe as I put it together. Her quote was "Holy **** thats a smoker!"

bigthirsty
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Finally

Post  Dr_KY on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:17 pm

Yes use all the washers. The red ones are included because there was some trouble with coustomers cracking the enamel due to over tightening.

My top handle was alreadt installed.
Dr_KY
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2008-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ILBBQS.com on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:41 pm

Like you, I wasn't sure what to do with the washers. I used the smaller (metal) ones on the inside, and placed the red fiber washers between the legs and the cooker for protection of the surface. My handle was already installed, but may need to be redone soon...the two pieces are not completely flush with one another.

Once I decided on how to use all the washers, I have been extremely happy with the Excel20...though it hasn't had fire added yet...it's still living in my family room. Smile
ILBBQS.com
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-12-05

View user profile http://www.ILBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr_KY on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:46 pm

Ian or someone had installed the red washers on the inside under the metal washers on the 20 I used so I did the same on mine.
Dr_KY
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 642
Registration date : 2008-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ILBBQS.com on Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:09 pm

Dr_KY wrote:Ian or someone had installed the red washers on the inside under the metal washers on the 20 I used so I did the same on mine.
I didn't know if those red ones would burn away or not...they've found a home with sunshine views (unless I'm told they must be on the inside). Smile
ILBBQS.com
Smokin Hot
Smokin Hot

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2007-12-05

View user profile http://www.ILBBQS.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top