Hi (and thanks) from Ipswich

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi (and thanks) from Ipswich

Post  DeeJayTea on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Dear all

Hi from Ipswich; just finishing clearing up up after first ever firing of new Frontier.

Just wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed to the many posts helping newbies. After significant lurking something must have registered, as I managed to produce two chickens that were both edible and tasty (one with a paprika/cayenne pepper/etc. rub, the other just plain salt and pepper, and using some maple chips for smoke).

My only mistake was not using enough charcoal at first (just a single chimney) and so it required another new chimney's worth after a couple of hours. Otherwise the temp stayed almost spot on 250F for the entire 4+ hours (according to the lid temp gauge, which I hopefully calibrated ok last night after following Paul's helpful instructions from the forum).

Forgot to take a picture of the cooked chickens (annoying!), but I did take one of the setup mid cook (but apparently can't post link until I've been a member of the forum for 7 days).

So many thanks again.

Drew

DeeJayTea
Sausage Burner
Sausage Burner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi (and thanks) from Ipswich

Post  pb.bbq on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:07 am

Hi Drew
A common mistake thinking that one chimney starter full will last a cook. but hey it all turned out good by the sounds of things I will look forward to your photos

Happy smoking

from Paul
pb.bbq
Charcoal Starter
Charcoal Starter

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-02-14

View user profile http://www.macsbbq.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top